Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Tongseng recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Tongseng recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should stay away from them. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. Some foods really do boost your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you battle depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, particularly the yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for lifting up your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–function better. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot happier!
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef tongseng recipe. To cook beef tongseng you only need 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Tongseng:
- Prepare 400 gr of brisket, cut into bite size.
- Prepare 6 of small tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes.
- Use 5 of cabbage leaves, roughly cut some bird eye chili peppers (to taste-optional).
- Prepare 2 of green onions, cut 1 inch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 of lemongrass, bruised.
- Use 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 350 ml of water.
- Use 1 Tbsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of beef bouillon.
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of fried shallots for garnish.
- Provide of Ground spices:.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 6 cloves of shallots.
- You need 6 of red chili peppers.
- Get 3 of bird eye chili peppers (optional).
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 3 of nutmeg.
Instructions to make Beef Tongseng:
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté ground spices, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add curry powder. Mix well..
- Add beef. Cook until the meat change color. Remove from the heat..
- Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add water, salt, sugar, white pepper powder, and beef bouillon. Cover the pot. Cook on high for 4 hours..
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, bird eye chili peppers (if you use some), and sweet soy sauce. Cook again for 15 minutes. Remove the pot..
- Serve immediately over steamed with rice and garnish with fried shallots! Yum .
Beef tongue is often seasoned with onion and other spices, and then placed in a pot to boil. Tongseng is an Indonesian goat meat, mutton or beef stew dish in curry-like soup with vegetables Tongseng is commonly found in Indonesian region of Central Java; from Surakarta to Yogyakarta. Traditionally, tongseng is cooked on a charcoal stove that lends the dish a pleasant, smoky taste. Tongseng has become a popular food sold all over the island of Java, from warungs and street stalls. Tongseng is goat meat, mutton or beef stew dish in curry-like soup with vegetables and kecap manis (sweet soy sauce).
If you find this Beef Tongseng recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.